Monday, June 12, 2017

Video game Staycation - Oregon Trail

So, recently I decided to go on a little trip. Not a road trip to a far off place or another country. (That costs money and a lot of time.)

It was a trip through history. (Again, not in the literal sense. I don't have a time machine. (Again, that costs money and time to make))

No, I went on a trip through history using that good ol' classic piece of edutainment, The Oregon Trail!

Spoilers: There are no survivors!!

I first played this back in middle school. I don't recall getting far before having my entire group killed by drowning. We'll see how I do this time (Oh wait, I already spoiled it...)

 Anyways, Let's meet the wagon party!
A fine looking group of travelers!

Alright, We're on our way! Let's Go!
Oh, wait, gotta buy some stuff. Alright, some oxen... food... BULLETS!... OK. NOW WE GO!
Our first hold up. Mega Man gets lost. Not sure where he went but he showed up two days later muttering something about seeing his own diarrhea laden death.

Anyways...
A few days pass with nothing of interest. And then we hit a river that needs to be crossed. It's 3 feet deep... I think we can ford that sucker!

In 3 feet of water? How do you lose wooden wagon tongues and oxen in 3 feet of water??

Okay, so... Bad idea. We've lost Mario and Zelda in the river. My bad! But the rest of us will be fine, right?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OH CRAP!

We'll be fine. This is just a minor setback. Just a day of rest and we'll...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OH. 

Okay, take a deep breath. We're gonna be fine. We just lost 3 party members in under 10 minutes... We got this! STOP PANICKING FIO! I SAID WE GOT THIS! 
Even I'm shocked at seeing this...
The next few weeks go somewhat uneventful, save for Fio's incompetence and wacky antics.
Such a kidder!
I actually looked up what cholera does too.
Of course, the inevitable happens.

I'm all alone. Well... Alright. I can do this.
Might as well start getting drunk.
MY LEG!
Just another setback. I'll be fine.
Okay, just gotta find a cowbell... Does ox bell count?
Obviously not...

Well, still dead, I'm at least further than I had made it all those years ago.
Thanks to Spriter's Resource website and - "Mister Man" "Ville 10" & Kevin Huff

No comments:

Post a Comment