Thursday, December 8, 2016

Ah shoot... Winter's here.

The first flakes have fallen on this gloomy December morn.
with each falling flake I feel the increase in scorn

Goodbye spring, goodbye fall, goodbye summer.
Hello winter, you're a bummer -CS

Why yes, that's me... At a happier time. Last Wednesday when there weren't feet of snow forecasted.

So, I live in North East Ohio. A short way from Lake Erie. If you're from the area, you know where I'm going with this. If you're from a warmer climate, let me jokingly tell you the seasons of ohio : Winter, Still winter, Almost spring, Road construction.

Originally, I'm from warmer coastal Virginia but left at a very young age due to the increasing crime and the fact that my mother's originally from here.

This year was chock full of warmth and mild weather. Here's some highlights of this year's spring and summer:

 A young deer that wandered onto our yard :)
Our tomato garden. It got really overgrown really fast this time.
Me looking like a dolt out on the side porch around June
A nice click beetle on the back door of the shed

 A sunset behind our house
Lake Erie in Conneaut

Okay, enough with pining for the pleasant months around here. Let's take a look at the damage, Day 1
 Cat tails at the creek bed
 The happy little elves I put out Saturday for christmas
 The view down our road ( And yet people still drive 50+MPH)
 A look at the back field
 Me, Realizing that it's only the first week of December.
Another look at the backyard ( I was mowing this like 2 weeks ago!)


Ah, the heck with it. Stay safe out there and keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment